Engineering the Future
Houston Community College and the University of Texas at Tyler have partnered to create an innovative, four-year Engineering Degree program at HCC's Alief-Hayes Campus.
The new program will allow students to obtain a UT Tyler Engineering BS degree in the normal four-year time period while saving nearly 50 percent in their tuition costs.
While beneficial for the student, the program is also designed to support the engineering field and the businesses which need to fill highly skilled job opportunities.
HCC Associate of Science in Engineering Science
Students will complete their first two years at HCC, earning an Associate of Science in Engineering Science (ASES).
- ASES Degree Plan
- ASES Course Descriptions
- ASES Course Sequence Chart
- HCC Engineering Questions & Answers
- HCC Engineering Contacts
UT Tyler Engineering Bachelor of Science Degree
Students who complete the prescribed ASES curriculum with an overall GPA of at least 2.5 and no grade lower than C are automatically admitted to the UT Tyler baccalaureate degree program. No further testing or evaluation is required.
Learn more about the field of engineering
Engineering is an exciting career choice that can lead down many paths. The first step is having a strong foundation in math to analyze and solve problems. In order to prepare you or learn more about engineering, see the links below to help guide you through the process.
What is Engineering?
- Discover Engineering - http://www.discovere.org/
- Try Engineering - http://www.tryengineering.org/become.php?page=majors_eng
The Importance of Math in Engineering
- When will I use math? - http://weusemath.org/?q=careers/mechanicalengineer
- O*NET OnLine - http://www.onetonline.org/find/career?c=15
- Engineer Your Life - http://www.engineeryourlife.org/cms/inspiringwomen.aspx
- IEE Women in Engineering (WIE) - http://www.ieee.org/women