International Student Check-In and Orientation
INTERNATIONAL ORIENTATION: Mandatory for NEW, TRANSFER, and CHANGE-of-STATUS Students (see below for details)
INTERNATIONAL CHECK-IN: Mandatory for NEW, CHANGE-of-STATUS, TRAVEL REINSTATEMENT Students (see below for details)
*Transfer Students do not need to go through the check-in process.
New International Student Check-In Schedule
Fall 2017 Check-In Schedule
When you enter the United States, you will need to report to the Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA) for the mandatory New Student Check-in. Please see the schedule below for the available dates and times. It is important that you attend on one of the designated days.
There are multiple days scheduled for the new student check-in; please come to only one. Please do not wait until the last day! Classes fill up quickly.
Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA)
3200 Main St. (street level of the parking garage)
Houston TX 77002
Parking: Parking is available in the Rosalie Lot (corner of Travis St. and Rosalie St., behind the HCC Administration Building at 3100 Main St.). Visitors may also park on the 2nd floor of the garage in spots marked "Visitors" for up to 2 hours and on the 7th and 8th floors.
OISS&SA does NOT MAKE COPIES
WHAT TO BRING
When reporting for check-in, please bring COPIES the following:
- Completed student International Student Check-In Form
- SEVIS Form I-20 (original and a copy)
- Passport photo page and Visa
- I-94 - you can print your Most Recent I-94 at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Receipt of online payment or check or money order for the $50.00 orientation fee – you can pay this with a credit card online through the PeopleSoft / Student Account sign-in or in person at any campus cashier’s office. You may also bring a check or money order with you to the OISS&SA check-in.
Again, OISS&SA does NOT MAKE COPIES
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE COPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS, WE WILL SEND YOU TO GET THEM AND COME BACK.
Fall 2017 Check-in Schedule
|Monday||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200 Main St.)|
|Tuesday||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200 Main St.)|
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200 Main St.)|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200 Main St.)|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200 Main St.)|
Please Note: If you are Transfer student, you do not need to check in. However, you must attend the Mandatory New Student Orientation.
Mandatory International Student Orientation
Fall 2017 Makeup Orientation (post-Hurricane Harvey)
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming international students for the Fall 2017 semester. You are required to attend the entire orientation.
If you do not attend the entire orientation, a hold will be put on your student account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes.
Topics to be covered
- Maintaining your F-1 Visa Status
- Obtaining your Driver’s License
- Cultural Adjustment
- Safety and Security
- Immigration Laws
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Tax Information
- Social Security
- Academic Requirements
- Questions and Answers
September 22, 2017 (10 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
*Students MUST be on time for the start of orientation at 10 a.m. Those who arrive late are at risk of not being allowed to attend.
*You are expected to treat orientation as if it is a class.
HCC Central Campus (1300 Holman Street, Houston 77004)
San Jacinto Building Auditorium
- Student Lot 13 (Corner of San Jacinto Street and Alabama Street)
- Student Lot 3 (Corner of San Jacinto Street and Holman Street)
- Student Lot 9 (Corner of Crawford Street and Holman Street)
- Parking Garage (Corner of La Branch Street and Winbern Street)
- No Children please. If you cannot find someone to watch your children during the orientation time, please contact Ronnie Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative options.
- Attendance is mandatory for those who still need to attend orientation. Please contact Ronnie Turner at email@example.com or 713-718-8454 for any questions.