Future Students

Find Your Student Type

Degree-Seeking Student

For students seeking college credit or wanting to attend college-level couses.


High School Student

If you are still in high school and interested in taking college classes at HCC.


International Student

For students holding or seeking an F-1 student status/visa who want to complete Intensive English courses, Associate Degrees or Certificates. Students may transfer credit to other colleges and universities.


Continuing Education Student

For students interested in short-term classes for job training, general knowledge, to learn a new skill, to upgrade existing skills or to explore personal interests. Upon course completion, students may request a certificate of completion from the college and are prepared to take certification and licensure exams.


Adult Education Student

  • For students seeking High School Equivalency (HSE) classes designed to improve basic skills and prepare students for the HSE examinations (GED, HiSET, or TASC), ESOL (English for Speakers of other Languages) for students wanting to speak, read, and write English.

  • Career4U Academy for students who want to receive a workforce certificate in high-growth occupations, and TSI Boot Camp for students who want to prepare for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment.


Veteran Students

If you are currently serving, or have served, in the United States Military.


Transfer Student

If you are transferring to HCC or if you are transferring from HCC


If you are a student at another college or university and would like to take a few classes at HCC


Outreach & Recruitment

Afrah Hassan

Interim Director