Office of Institutional Equity
The Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) was established to ensure that all individuals have an opportunity to have full participation in the life of Houston Community College. Our office exists to advance HCC’s equity and inclusion goals. This extends to employment, admissions, and all programs and activities supported by the College.Equal Opportunity Statement
What We Do
- Ensure compliance of HCC’s policies and federal laws concerning employment and higher education including (but not limited to): Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and/or other civil rights laws.
- Offer consultations and guidance regarding HCC’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) program and Title IX mandates.
- Ensure that students are afforded the same rights as our employees through our “policy plus” belief.
- Investigate reports of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, interpersonal violence (including dating and domestic violence), stalking, sex discrimination (including discrimination on the basis of gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), as well as discrimination based on race, color, age (40 years or older), religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or retaliation for reporting a concern, filing a complaint, or cooperating in an investigation of a complaint.
- Provide training and educational materials regarding EEO, equity and inclusion in education, and Title IX compliance issues.
Discrimination and Harassment
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.
David Cross, Ed.D., Director EEO/Compliance
3100 Main Street, Suite 702
Houston, TX 77002
713.718.8271 or email@example.com