Adult Learner/GED

Welcome, Future Adult Learner/GED Student!

If you are an adult needing a high school diploma or equivalency, or seeking English as a Second Language courses, or want to attend HCC without taking a TSI test or having graduated from high school, HCC can open doors to your future! What you learn here can get you there!


Adult Education Orientation


Apply to HCC & Set Up MyOneFlow Account


Submit Required Documents


Contact the AEL Office


Step 1

Adult Education Orientation

All potential and returning students of the Adult Education program must register for an Adult Education Orientation.

View the orientation schedule & register to attend a session Combined Shape Created with Sketch.


Step 2

Apply to HCC & Set Up your MyOneFlow Account

Go to the online application.

  1. Start a new application or continue with a saved application form.
  2. If you selected "Start a new application," on the next screen select "Adult Education" from the left-hand menu and proceed to complete the application.


Upon completing the application, you will receive your Conditional Approval Letter and a welcome email that contains your HCC Student ID number and P-number (if assigned).

Submit an HCC Adult Education application Combined Shape Created with Sketch.

MyOneFlow Account set up

If you are a new student, once your HCC Adult Education Application is complete, you will receive an email from OneFlow asking you to validate your account. Please have your newly received Student ID # (W#) and date of birth ready.

If you are a returning student without a OneFlow profile, contact AEL staff in the Zoom Lobby to have your OneFlow account activated. Please visit for Zoom Lobby hours and any additional assistance.

Access MyOneFlow Combined Shape Created with Sketch.


Step 3

Submit Required Documents

The MyOneFlow platform will notify you of any required documents that you will need to submit.

What you need to upload: 

  • 19 years or older: government-issued picture ID with birthdate. (I.D. may be a U.S. or foreign driver’s license, state ID, passport, visa, military ID, matricula consular, etc.)
  • 18 years old: Must provide school withdrawal or high school completion information, parent permission and picture ID.
  • 17 years old: a government-issued picture ID along with school withdrawal papers and parent permission.


Our program is required to ask all potential participants to upload either a Texas Driver's License (TDL) and/or a U.S.-issued Social Security Card (SSN). The information on these documents will be used solely for program evaluation and improvement.


Step 4

Contact the AEL Office

After you have completed the orientation and filled out all forms within MyOneFlow, contact the AEL office at 713-718-5381, visit our virtual Zoom lobby, or email to schedule any additional required assessments and assistance with registering for class.

Additional Resources

Additional Resources

Prepare for your first day of class!


Contact Us

Adult Education

Send us an Email:


Career4U -

Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.